Friday, January 16, 2009

Triathlon class at my gym

Yesterday morning after Pilates, I chatted with the instructor a bit, and as with any conversation I have now, the word "triathlon" came up. She told me the gym used to have a triathlon training class, but hasn't for a while. I was bummed that they "used to" have a triathlon training class.

And then!


This morning at the gym I saw a sign - they are starting a triathlon training class next week! It specifically states "sprint triathlon" which is the distance I'll be doing. How exciting!

I think my training has been going okay on my own, but it will be great to train with a coach. The main danger in do-it-yourself training is imprinting bad habits. (For example, I can't watch myself swim, so I don't know if my arm is too low or my head isn't tucked or whatever.) The saying is "practice makes perfect" but the truth is "practice makes permanent." If you practice bad form, you will learn bad form.

If you want to attend, the meeting will be at the Farragut TN Rush on January 25 at 7:30 pm in the bike room. I'll buy you a Gatorade.

No comments: