Friday, October 24, 2008

New record low weight today! Why can't that happen every day? Oh, because I'm doing this slowly and healthily. (healthfully?)

Rode 11 miles today on the recumbent stationary bike. I've adjusted my training plan. I've been joking that I'm "training to get in shape to train," and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I will just do various individual activities (walking, stationary bike, swimming) until the end of this year (two more months). Then next year I'll start really training for the triathlon, practicing transitions and biking the appropriate distances and all that.

I've read that your workouts, regardless of what they consist of, should last as long as you think your race will last. I have no idea what that will be, but I currently walk a 5k in an hour, so maybe two hours? That's a loooong workout to do.

Also, I've created some affirmations for myself when I hit the hard parts. Oh, there's a hill coming up? "I eat hills. I devour hills. I destroy hills." I get excited when I see a big hill near the house. I can't wait to get out and walk up one. There's a hill about 1/4 mile long at about a 30 degree slope, and it just about killed me on Wednesday. Luckily I had my "Go go go!" playlist on the iPod, and Tom Petty reminded me that "I Won't Back Down". Yesterday I noticed that there is an additional 100 foot dirt driveway at the top of the hill to a water tower. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

"Hey, baby - there ain't no easy way out
"Hey, I - stand my ground. And I won't back down."

FIERCE TORTOISE!

No comments: