Saturday, October 25, 2008

Training/workout playlist

I mentioned my "Go go go!" playlist in my last post. It is a selection of songs that are good for me to hear when I'm working out. They either keep me motivated or are just favorites. I did several Google searches and couldn't find a good list of training songs, so here's mine for you if you're looking.

Motivation/"I'm The Man" songs
These are songs that contain inspirational lyrics about not quitting, going for it, or just say "I am a total bad ass."

Thunderstruck - AC/DC
TNT - AC/DC
AC/DC is great for this kind of song. "Cause I'm TNT, I'm dynamite!"

Go Faster - The Black Crowes
Snatched from someone's sig on beginnertriathlete.com. "You can't stop or I will pass ya/If you slow down, I will outlast ya"

Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Can you have a triathlon training song list and not include Iron Man?

Iron Lion Zion - Bob Marley
Reggae may not be the best training music, but this one is uptempo and has great lyrics. Being a Leo, I have always thought of the lion as my "spirit animal". "I'm gonna be iron, like a lion, in Zion"

The Distance - Cake
About a bike racer (I think). "He's going the distance, he's going for speed"

Whorehoppin' (Shit Goddamn) - Eagles of Death Metal
Another "I'm bad" song. "I said shit, goddamn, I'm a man, I'm a man"

Bad To The Bone - George Thorogood
The ultimate "bad dude" song.

You Only Get What You Give - The New Radicals
I don't know what the verses are about, and the end has some rap/rant about fighting Courtney Love and Hanson or something, but the chorus reminds me that I have to put in effort to get results. "Don't give up, don't let go, can't forget you only get what you give"

Princes Of The Universe - Queen
(From the movie Highlander.) Oh man. If I could only choose one song on this list, this would be it. I should listen to this song every day when I wake up. I'll listen to this ten times on race day. "I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings, yeah! I have no rival, no man can be my equal!"

Crowd Cheer - Sound Effects
This is a 40 second sound effect of a big crowd cheering. Helps me visualize the finish line.

I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty
See previous post. I am focused on my goal. I am the FIERCE TORTOISE.

Songs I just like
You may laugh at some of these, but they always make me turn up the radio. They're uptempo and energetic.
Take On Me - a-ha
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
Shake Your Rump - Beastie Boys
Shakedown - Bob Seger
Peace Of Mind - Boston
Rock & Roll Band - Boston
Taking My Time - Boston (Boston rules!)
Train in Vain (Stand By Me) - The Clash
Not Exactly (Original Mix) - Deadmau5
Groovy Train - The Farm
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Last Train To Trancentral - KLF
Run Like Hell - Pink Floyd
My Old School - Steely Dan
Step it Up - Stereo MC's
Legs - ZZ Top

No comments: