Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh, it's on. Bring it.

I had decided last week to walk a 5k (3.1 miles) every Saturday just to get used to the distance. Today was Saturday. My dad came over this morning and we worked on a pergola for about four hours. Nothing crazy strenuous, but I went up and down a ladder about six hundred times. Cortney and I went out to eat and we had about two hours to kill before going to a friend's party tonight. I was watching Comedy Central, some old Rodney Dangerfield movie, when I realized I was about to miss a day of working out. (Tuesday is my day off because of school. Not Saturday.) And good for me, I immediately got up, got dressed, and went for my 5k walk. It was difficult - about 60 degrees in shorts and t-shirt, I hadn't drunk enough water beforehand, and Mellow Mushroom pizza is not the best pre-workout food. But the point is, dammit, I did it. I destroyed some hills and I will be sore tomorrow, but I am doing this damn triathlon. It's on. FIERCE TORTOISE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! Found you via Cort's blog. Very cool what you are doing. Maybe it will motivate me. How the heck are you?? Miss you guys tons.