Thursday, October 2, 2008

Work today, met with my Tusculum school team right after, came home about 8:00 pm and really didn't feel like walking. It reminded me of a story about Ray Charles I always liked.

Ray Charles was in an interview, and said something like "When you're performing, when you're on stage and that whole audience is with you, man, there ain't nothing like it." The interviewer asked "What about when they're not with you, Ray? What's that like?" Ray smiled and said, "That's when you find out if you're a professional."

This was my first time to prove if I was really committed to this whole project. So I got my new shoes on and went for a walk, in the dark, outside in 58 degree weather. And you know what? It was just fine, and I'm thrilled that I did it. I'll have to remember this day in the future when I don;t want to workout because it's early/cold/wet/too far/whatever. Having done it feels much better than the pain of actually doing it.

Today's workout:
30 minute walk - 2 miles

No comments: